Thursday 25 August 2011

Three Little Words - R U OK?


I would like you all to meet Lori today and her story.  Lori is a stay at home, to two little cherubs much like myself really.  One afternoon Lori's husband come home from work and committed suicide, in that instant Lori's world would change forever.  Her blog is both heartbreaking and fascinating as Lori tackles life after the death of her husband.  Her strength and honesty is enlightening and I myself wish her a lifetime of health, love and eventual happiness.

My mother in law has suffered chronic depression most of her adult life so this has a special meaning to myself and one I will be participating in.  Thursday 15 September, 2011 is R U OK? Day. It’s a national day of action which aims to prevent suicide by encouraging Australians to connect with someone they care about and help stop little problems turning into big ones.

On that day it would be great if everyone across the country, from all backgrounds and walks of life, asked family, friends and colleagues: "Are you OK?".

This is the link to Lori's blog for any and all other information:-

http://www.rrsahm.com/2011/08/ruok-part-two.html

And remember on September 15th to ask someone R U OK? - three simple words that could mean the world to one person.


Lady Koukou x

2 comments:

  1. Well done on getting the word out there. I think this is definately an important day and hopefully it will bring great results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa Jane it is a cause close to my heart as well xxx

    ReplyDelete