Monday 29 August 2011

When did we allow life to get so dam serious?

As much as I promised myself I would attempt to keep my blog light hearted and create as much humour as my little old mind would allow there are certain issues that attract my attention. 



Qantas held a competition for two lucky Wallaby fans to attend Saturday nights Bledisloe Cup on the condition they dressed up as their favourite player Radike Samo.  Harmless Fun right?  Great effort I thought!  Boy was I so wrong! 

It seems this sparked a public twitter outcry when Qantas tweeted:-  "Looks like our Twitter winners of the Bledisloe Cup tix lived up to their promise! Good work," - seems all the do-gooders in society took offence to this marketing stunt by Qantas and labelled it Racist.  Qantas bowing to public pressure removed the Tweet and issued a public apology.

Seems the only person who did not have an issue with this was Radike Samo.  Who said "I didn't have an issue with it at all ... I don't know why anyone's getting worked up, that sort of reaction is just silly."

Relax People's, take a chill pill society do gooders!  Media hype as usual has carried on with the story and suddenly again Political Correctness has gone mad!!  They are not carrying racist slogans, they are not carrying signs that say racist remarks, they are having fun!  Innocent fun!  Remember FUN world?  Look at things in context and stop being so bloody sterile!!

So I have to ask - When did we allow life to get so dam serious?

 
Lady Koukou x


No comments:

Post a Comment